Whether you’re trying to solve a tough problem, design something new, get attention for any project or write an interesting article, creative thinking is crucial. The process boils down to changing your perspective and seeing things differently than you currently do.
What is creativity?
Creativity is the bringing into being of something which did not exist before, either as a product, a process or a thought. You would be demonstrating creativity if you:
- Invent something which has never existed before
- Invent something which exists elsewhere but you are not aware of
- Invent a new process for doing something
- Reapply an existing process or product into a new or different market
- Develop a new way of looking at something (bringing a new idea into existence)
- Change the way someone else looks at something
Most of the children are creative but the creativity does not come out because their minds are not challenged. They have to strip away the imaginary mental blocks that they’ve picked up along the way to wherever they are today.
Creative Thinking program aims at developing ‘out of the box’ thinking among children by challenging their minds through various thought provoking activities.