The Best PTE Coaching in Chandigarh
What is PTE?
The full form of PTE is The Pearson Test of English Academic. PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test that aims at testing the English language skills of non-native English speakers who are keen on studying in countries where English is the first language.
What does PTE assess?
PTE tests all the four skills of English, namely Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Questions often test 2 skills together, such as listening and reading or reading and speaking. For taking the PTE Academic test, one will need to go to a secure Pearson test center. One will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
Is PTE a Computer based or paper based test?
PTE is a computer based English proficiency test. Since PTE is a computer based test, all the modules are computer based and there is no live conversation and candidate has to speak into a microphone for recording in a computerized system. A computer program evaluates the speaking and rates the test taker. PTE should be preferred if the candidate has good computer skills.
What is the format and duration of PTE?
The test duration of PTE is 3 hours, during which there will be following three main parts of the test:
- Speaking and writing (together)
There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice questions, essay writing and interpreting information. PTE Academic assesses real-life academic English, so one will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. One will hear a variety of accents in the test ranging from British and American to check the understanding and comprehension of English language of non-native speakers.
Part 1 – Speaking & Writing Module-
In Part 1, one will be tested on one’s speaking and writing skills. The time duration of Speaking and Writing module is between 77-93 minutes.
There are generally 6 speaking tasks and two writing tasks. To assess the speaking skills, one’s skills will be tested by one’s ability to use spoken English in an academic environment.
The Speaking tasks comprise the following –
- Personal introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
The writing section will require one to write responses in academic English using correct grammar and spelling. The Writing task consists of the following –
- Summarization of written text
- Essay writing , which has to be completed in 20 minutes.
Part 2 – Reading Skills:
Part 2 consists of Reading Skills. In this part, one will be tested on one’s reading skills. This single timed section contains 15-20 independent and integrated skills questions, depending on the combination of items in a given test. These tasks are designed to test one’s ability to read, write and listen to information provided in English. Since PTE Academic is an integrated skill test, one item type in this part of the test also assesses the writing skills.
Different response formats include the following –
- Multiple-choice questions
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks
Part 3 – Listening Skills
Part 3 consists of questions that are based on audio or video clips which begin to play automatically. One will hear each audio or video clip only once so listen carefully and one is allowed to take notes. For each question, one would have an opportunity to adjust the volume. While the audio clip is playing, one can move the control bar to the right to increase the volume or to the left to decrease the volume.
Why Global Voice should be your 1 st choice for PTE coaching in Chandigarh?
Established in 2002, Global Voice has been in the forefront of training industry for more than 16 years and has always set benchmarks for others to follow.
We are among the pioneers in the field of Language training and are rated among the best PTE institutes in Chandigarh. Student centric strategy is followed to ensure that the candidate gets the required score. Some of the highlights are as follows –
- More than 16 years of varied experience in English language training with excellent infrastructure and comprehensive training material.
- Rich experience in PTE training in Chandigarh.
- Certified Gold Medalist Trainers with 20 + years of experience
- More than 40,000 students trained till date including senior doctors, professionals and a large number of students. Such a rich experience makes us as the top PTE institute in Chandigarh.
- Training partners of prestigious universities, colleges and schools
- Training partners of leading companies
- Excellent results year after year
As a part of the effective PTE coaching in Chandigarh Sector 34, the following methodology is followed to ensure that the students are able to score the required bands –
- All the modules are taken up every day with detailed discussions as a part of the regular program, which makes it the best PTE classes in Chandigarh.
- Comprehensive study material is provided to all the students including great tips for Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking modules along with sample writings and speaking topics
- Highly structured teaching approach is followed to enable the students to achieve great results. Applied grammar sessions are an integral part of PTE classes since grammar is the base of the language and its correct application and usage result in higher band scores.
- A separate computer is provided to every student to ensure excellent practice.
- Doubts classes for clearing the doubts of all the aspects of PTE Tutorials.
- Bridge course for weak students including comprehensive grammar classes as a part of PTE coaching
- Regular mock tests are conducted along with detailed analysis and feedback. This gives a clear idea to the students about their progress on regular basis and special emphasis is given on the modules where the student is weak. This results in the overall improvement in the performance and PTE scores, thus making us the top PTE institute in Sector 34, Chandigarh.
- Special English Language Enhancement classes are conducted to improve the language skills of the students since this has a direct bearing on the PTE preparation.