An interview is generally the last stage for hiring fresh B.Tech, MBA and other professional students. Different companies follow different models and methods to hire freshers for their job requirements.
At a broad level, the interviewer is trying to gauge your standard on the following parameters –
- Knowledge and learnability
- Experience (Project Experiences and application of knowledge gained)
- Interpersonal Skills and Professionalism (Grooming and Behaviour)
- Confidence, Aptitude and Attitude
One should prepare well for the interview since the success in an interview would depend on the level of preparedness. The basic things that have to be taken care of are as follows –
- Be sure about what you have written in your resume.
- Be honest. Don’t bluff.
- Be aware about your strength and weakness.
- Prepare your introduction properly.
- Your introduction should lead the interviewer into the interview process.
Four broad areas which a candidate should focus his preparation on prior to an interview are as follows –
- It is very important to understand ‘What to say’ and ‘How to say’
- Think from the interviewer’s point of view
- Synchronize your responses with the company and job requirements
- Match your Body Language with your responses
Though there are a large number of questions that an interviewer can ask a candidate, yet we are listing down some of the most frequently asked questions –
- Tell me about yourself. (And other variants of the question)
- What are your career goals, short and long term? Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- What do you consider to be one of the biggest achievements of your life?
- What was the one failure that affected you the most and how did you handle it?
- What is unique about you, why should we recruit you?
- How have you contributed to events organized in your college?
- How do you keep yourself updated with what’s happening around you?
- What are the websites you frequent? What books do you read?
- What is your favourite pastime / hobby?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What salary do you expect?
- Do you want to ask us any questions?