- Campus Training Modules
- Company Dashboards
Aptitude test is a standardized test designed to assess an individual’s numerical, analytical, reasoning and language skills.
Every major company conducts an Aptitude test as a part of the campus placement process. Some of the major technology companies don’t even conduct a technical test since they believe that candidates with good Aptitude and Soft Skills can be trained on any technology. Aptitude tests have also become an integral part of almost every competitive exam such as CAT, MAT, XAT and GMAT and many other important exams.
Aptitude tests assess the candidate’s analytical, problem solving and English language skills. It is, therefore, necessary to master aptitude to improve and develop your logical and analytical thinking. Other important skills such as prediction, observation power, memory, concentration and calculations are also enhanced.
The Aptitude tests conducted by major companies that hire fresh Engineering, Management and other professional students from various campuses have the following 3 categories of questions –
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Aptitude (English)
To succeed in the Aptitude tests, it is very important to have the right strategy. In addition to the knowledge that one possesses, one’s ability to solve the questions in the minimum possible time plays a critical role in success. In most of these exams, one is not able to complete the entire test and, therefore, one needs to learn all the tips and the tricks/short cuts to crack maximum number of questions within the stipulated time since that will make all the difference in the performance.
Some of the important points that one should keep in mind are as follows –
- Various companies have different selection formats
- You have to be fully prepared regarding Aptitude Tests since that is the first step towards getting one’s dream job.
- Most of the companies have an online testing system now.
- To succeed, one should have a definite plan and one has to allocate enough time for practice and understanding/learning the concepts. Starting serious preparation in the pre-final year is very important since it gives one enough time to learn and practice various question types.
IMPORTANT TOPICS –
All the 3 broad categories comprise various topics. For the benefit of students, we have put together all the important topics that one should cover to do well in the Campus placements.
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE –
- Number System
- Allegations & Mixtures
- Ratio Proportion
- SI & CI
- Profit & Loss
- Time & work
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Permutation Combination
- Crypt Maths
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Figure Series
- Cubes, Clocks & calendar
- Sequence & Series
VERBAL APTITUDE –
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Idiomatic Phrases
- Inference Questions
- Sentence Completion
IMPORTANT TIPS –
- The test patterns are indicative only. The companies keep on changing the pattern. It is, therefore, very important to be thorough in all the topics so that one is not taken by surprise.
- English section is more difficult for most of the students, mainly due to lack of proficiency in English language, especially grammar. One should devote appropriate time for mastering grammar since one needs to know the rules in order to answer the questions correctly.
- One should work on vocabulary regularly since one cannot remember so many words in a short time.
- In case you are not sure of the answer in any section, don’t waste time and move on.
- In Verbal, do the RCs later since they are difficult and time consuming.
- Attempt questions from relatively easier topics like Syllogisms first since they are easy and scoring.
- In Quantitative, attempt DI(Graph questions) and Figure questions first.
- In Reasoning, puzzles can be tricky at times and one should not waste too much time on these initially.